Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Alaffia Everyday Coconut Shampoo

Alaffia Everyday Coconut Shampoo 





Quantity: 9.50 ml / 32 fl oz

Price:      ~ USD 14 (not sure)

I bought this Shampoo from an organic store selling many other chemical free or least chemically loaded ingredient list products. Since only big (950 ml) bottle was available, I tried to google for review but unfortunately there were none. This is the reason I decided to put a review here, so that someone else doesn’t do the same blunder or at least be alarmed beforehand.

Okay, so no online review still I got tempted into buying this following alluring reasons - 

1. The company says, it is hydrating shampoo, meant for normal-dry hair

2. To support fair trade
    Yes, this shampoo has fair trade certified coconut

3. No parabens

4. Handcrafted/ Unrefined

5. No animal testing 

6. Vegan - Not that it matters to me

7. No synthetic fragrance - great!

8. No gluten 
I don’t understand how it matters that it is gluten free. After all, it is going to be put on your scalp for a minute, not ingested.

9. Community involvement 
Alaffia has distributed 7100 bikes to students, funded 4142 births, and planted 53,125 trees.I thought     it would be great to support a company that works on such a great principle. This also strengthen my faith in the product.

10. Excellent ingredient list - Unlike other shampoos, this had very few ingredients including fair trade african coconut oil, ginger, coconut water, coconut extract, Salt, Decyl Glucoside, Lauryl Glucoside and Panthenol.

My views you can use:

However, the decision of buying this turn out to be my biggest mistake. Although it says it is meant for everyday use, it isn’t. It caused hairfall while shampooing and even after that. It is not drying but certainly not hydrating. Smells weird and how? If it has what it says then what gives it that strange smell. What is the purpose of all that labels when it is actually more harmful than chemically loaded shampoos.

Will I purchase it again - NEVER! I appreciate the brand's effort to empower women and support communities. But, the product is totally useless.

Overall score: 😡 /💗💗💗💗💗


No comments:

Post a Comment