Sunday, March 5, 2017

Lavender relaxing mist, Saje Wellness


Today I am going to review a product, which is a 'must-have' for a stressful day.




Product claims: 

CALMING. SOOTHING. RELAXING.
From preparing for sleep to hydrating skin, lavender has you covered from head to toe. Incredibly versatile, this mist will calm, balance, soothe and hydrate, all at the same time.
Let go and lavender.
Good for -
  • Facial toner
  • Fabric refreshing
  • Personal fragrance
Ingredients:
  • water (aqua)
  • lavender (lavandula angustifolia)
Price: ~ $9.95

Quantity: 1.7 oz / 50ml

My views you can use:
Lavender is believed to have sedating effects, so it is quite beneficial for restlessness, nervousness, depression or insomnia. Before owning this, I had a facial mist spray from Okanagen Lavender Herb farm, which I hoarded on my summer trip to Kelowna. That facial mist was amazing. I used it a lot (for hydrating and refreshing skin) and when it got over, I got this one from Saje.

Composition-wise, Saje is minimalistic. It is pure lavender mist while the one I got from Okanagen has many ingredients like chamomile, bergamot, rose geranium, mandarin and spearmint. I think somewhere these ingredients balanced the skin irritating nature of lavender. Probably due to high concentration of lavender in Saje mist or due to the absence of other masking ingredients to balance lavender, this mist causes skin irritation on regular use. So, I do not recommend it to be used as toner or a hydrant.

But, it is a very good product to calm and soothe your senses. If you are looking for a product for relaxation, I highly recommend this. When life gives you sleepless nights or emotional stress, and for the days when you are an emotional wreak, this mist comes handy. I suggest to limit its use for these messy times only because I believe one should not get used or dependent on these stuff for sleep. Stress is a lifestyle disease, so popping pills and using sprays is not the answer. Also, it might loose its effectiveness on regular use. This is my personal opinion, there is no scientific proof of this. I spray this on my pillow, forehead or in air and inhale deeply. 

Overall Score: 💗💗💗💕
It does help to unwind and prepare for sleep. On a chaotic day, it creates a sense of harmony and relaxes you. The reason to decrease few points is because of its claim as a facial toner. Also, it is not a very effective deodoriser for air or fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment