Saturday, August 12, 2017

VICHY Ideal Soleil SPF 60 Mexoryl XL Face and body Review


Hello peeps,

Summer time!!! and sunscreen searching time for me at least. I like lotus gel based sunscreen, just wish it wasn't so waterproof 😐. Anyway, I had to go on a trip to Banff-Jasper and my sunscreen got over and the one I ordered on amazon is still on the way, somewhere on this planet. With no signs of delivery and trip day approaching, I decided to buy VICHY Ideal Soleil SPF 60. Fancy french name, trusted brand, and great reviews, I had high expectations.

Quantity: 150 ml

What product claims: Sheer lotion bare skin feel. Non greasy texture. Dry touch moisturising
Hypoallergenic, fragrance free, paraben free. Broad spectrum sunscreen.

Price: CAD $30 London Drugs

VICHY Ideal Soleil SPF 60  Mexoryl XL  

VICHY Ideal Soleil SPF 60  Mexoryl XL 

My views you can use:

Non scented for sure! Is it non greasy? Hmm...somewhat. Not as greasy as Banana boat sunscreen, but it bit greasy. For dry skin the little greasiness provide some shine and moisture to skin but I am doubtful about the effect on oily skin. I think it will fail miserably on oily or combination skin type. Vichy ideal soleil sunscreen doesn't leave white cast but if you apply too much it does leave a cast. I find it good for hands and legs but not very sure about face. It melts my maybelline gel eyeliner and smudges it badly. This really annoys me as it usually never smudges. 
The best thing about Vichy is that it protects from sun, really it does. I wore it this summer and was in harsh sun for long hours (almost entire day) but there was no tanning. 
I am not sure about non comedogenic or hypoallergenic claim because I got two pimples. Let me use it for few more months to cross check.

Overall score: 💗💗💗/💚💚💚💚💚

Yes, I will use it on hands and legs. For my normal-dry skin, it fits the need. 

Hope this post was useful!


~Ren

No comments:

Post a Comment