Sunday, August 13, 2017

Braun Silk-épil 7 SkinSpa - 7951 Wet&Dry Epilator review


Silk-épil 7 SkinSpa - 7951 Wet & Dry Epilator Review

This is my first epilator so I can't do comparative review with other brands. I bought this from flipkart after reading plenty of positive responses of people. So when it arrived, I was so excited to use it. There was immense faith and assurance because of reviews that this will work and life will be so easy 😂. I have only tried waxing once or twice and it has been a hell of a painful experience. So I stick to shaving. But it becomes a daily chore as the hair comes back the very next day. I do not like spending time on beauty stuff, the less the better for the peace of mind. So I bought Braun epilator with very high expectations. The day one was so painful that it deterred me from using it ever again. Really I never tried after that and I made peace with the shaving hassles. 

This epilator was with me for around two years then, one fine day I decided to give it another try. Here is my review on this epilator.


Braun Silk-épil 7 SkinSpa - 7951 Wet&Dry Epilator
1. Braun Epilator body 2. Cleaning brush
3. Sensitive cap 4. Face cap 5. Protection Cap 6. Exfoliation brush 7. Pouch 8. Exfoliation brush attachment 9. Trimmer

Price:9500 (INR)

What it claims: (reference - https://in.braun.com)

   The best 2 in 1 epilation and exfoliation system. For smooth and radiant skin, for your whole body.

 Exfoliation brush head

10.000 fine bristles gently sweep away dead skin cells and stimulate the regeneration of the skin surface.

Shaver head

Allows you to use your epilator as a full-fledged dry shaver.

Trimmer cap

To trim hair in sensitive areas.

Sensitive area cap

Perfectly fits to underarms and bikini areas.

Facial cap

To remove unwanted facial hair.
Close-Grip Technology

Close-Grip Technology

With 40 tweezers removes hair as small as a grain of sand for perfect smoothness.
High Frequency Massage system

High Frequency Massage system

Softly stimulates the skin for extra gentleness.
Pivoting head

Pivoting head

Smoothly adapts to body contours for superior comfort and efficiency.
Wet&Dry

Wet&Dry

Can be comfortably used it in a bath or shower for an extra soothing experience.

Brush attachment

Sonic exfoliation

Sonic exfoliation

Visibly refines skin with 3000 micro-vibrations per minute.
High density brush

High density brush

With 10.000 fine bristles gently removes dead skin cells and stimulates skin regeneration.







My views you can use:

Noisy at first :) . Yes, I find the noise bit annoying. But I guess with time you learn to ignore the noise as you ignore all the pricking pain. Epilation is not a painless process. Surprisingly it is easier to epilate small hair but you need to go over the area again and again. The hair doesn't get picked up in one swipe. So, the process is time consuming.
I first used it on my hands and legs and I am happy with the results. For underarm, it bled in the hair follicle after plucking and the pain was intolerable so I dreaded the thought of trying it on any other sensitive area. My upper lip area was scratched and bruised badly when used with sensitive area cap. May be I should have used facial cap. I will update the review on other items in the kit like trimmer, exfoliation brush, and how it performs with facial cap on upper lip.


Overall score:
I don't think epilation is for everyone. In waxing, the large area gets cleared off in one go but here you pluck hair off from very small area and this amplify the pain. Considering the price, pain and performance, Braun Silk-épil 7 SkinSpa is an average epilator. 
For legs and hand
 💗💗💗/💚💚💚💚💚
For upper lip and underarm
💗/💚💚💚💚💚

Hope this post was useful!


~Ren

No comments:

Post a Comment